APPEAL TO FELLOW PLATEAU YOUTHS TO BE CALM
The leadership of the YOUTH WING OF THE CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (YOWICAN), PLATEAU STATE and the NATIONAL COUNCIL OF MUSLIM YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS (NACOMYO), PLATEAU STATE hereby appeal to the teaming Plateau Youths to please sheath their swords and relax on our anger and kindly give the Federal and Plateau State Government time to respond to the demands presented to them with respect to the recent peaceful nationwide protest code named #ENDSARS.
Since the cry of the youths has been heard and Government has taken the first step by disbanding the Special Anti-Roberry Squad (SARS) unit of the Nigeria Police Force, there’s need to show understanding as we await other actions of Government in addressing the other issues raised in the demands of the Youths.
The Plateau State Government has set up the Judicial Committee to investigate petitions against SARS personnel that were brutal. Let us make our submissions to the committee please.
As law abiding citizens, let’s act in a manner that is more civil in the interest of our dear Plateau State which we all know has suffered a long period of unrest and is still trying to recover to its feet. We should try as much as possible to do the following:
1. Make our presentation to the commission of enquiry.
- Help ourselves and our Dear Plateau State by bringing a stop to the vandalization of the infrastructures of the State, whether publicly or privately owned.
- Plateau State is still lagging behind in development, what we need to do is to crave for more developmental projects, not to destroy the ones already on ground.
- As Youth Leaders in our various communities, we should sensitize our members on the need to remain peaceful and engage the authorities through constructive means. Dialogue is very critical
- We should articulate feasible recommendations on how our Dear State will be move forward because we owe our yet unborn generations the responsibility to do that. And appeal to government to put in place an engagement process with the various youth organizations through the Youth Leaders.
We once again appeal to our fellow Youths to maintain calm and safeguard our state.
God bless Plateau Youths!
God bless Plateau State!!
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Pharm Markus K. Audu
Chairman YOWICAN Plateau State
Mal. Ali Ali
Plateau State Chapter
count | 44